Our Service Philosophy
We realize that calling for air conditioner repair is not your favorite thing. We would like to think we’re different, and it all starts with our service values.
The Customer’s Bill of Rights
- Having your heating and cooling system repaired should be a pleasant experience
- You deserve a service experience similar to a fine hotel
- Repair pricing should be fair
- Diagnosis and recommendations MUST be honest
- Your repair technician should show up when they say they will
- A service company should guarantee their work – repair AND diagnostic
With this philosophy as our foundation, we have built a team of great people who love their job and are passionate about customer service.
We’re trying to make a bad day a little better. Here’s how it works:
- Call or email our office. Our friendly staff can quickly schedule an appointment at your convenience – evening and Saturdays too!
- We strive to keep our schedule open for emergencies, usually providing same-day or next-day service.
- We give tight appointment windows so you don’t have to wait all day.
- Our office will pro-actively call you with any status changes.
- Your technician will call ahead – about 15-20 minutes before arrival.
- Your technician will carefully diagnose the problem, explain the needed repair in plain English, and quote a firm price before starting any repair
- We don’t charge by the hour. Your technician will take the time to ensure that the repair is done right.
- We stand behind our repairs and diagnosis with a two-year warranty.
Will they try to sell me a new system?
Many service companies today train their technicians to always recommend a new system. In extremes, they even refer to themselves as “Sales Technicians.” We believe that we are here only to serve and educate the homeowner. Deciding when to replace is entirely up to you, and we are always happy to repair and maintain your existing system.
A Watkins Repairmen is not a “Sales Technician.”
- Training emphasis is repair and customer service, not sales
- Service trucks are heavily stocked with repair parts
- Honest, fair pricing whether you repair, replace, or maintain
- Goal of maintenance is to eliminate service calls, not find problems
- Make customers for life and earns referrals
We know that most of our client work during the day and are only available in the evenings. We also know that heating & cooling systems love to break down at inconvenient times. With this in mind, our team works a staggered shift to provide our clients with regular rate from 8am to 7pm Mon-Fri and 8am to 5pm on Saturdays.
If you call after hours, rest assured that we always have service technicians available, day and night, weekends and holidays, and always with quick response. To cover the extra cost of dispatching a technician on overtime, we charge only an extra $40 Mon-Sat and $80 on Sundays & Holidays. Repairs are still billed at regular rates. (Our diagnostic fee still applies)
No one likes paying more than they should, but beware of the “Never an overtime charge” bait-and-switch. These companies offer after-hours service for “no extra charge,” but their regular rates are even higher than our overtime rates (sometimes triple). So, in effect, they are actually charging overtime rates during regular hours!
We use fair and honest overtime pricing that simply reflects the extra costs of compensating a technician for working late on a cold night or holiday.
BBB ECLIPSE AWARD
After two-years of reviewing and refining our processes, the Dayton BBB awarded us with the Eclipse Award for Integrity in the 21-70 employee category.
TRANE COMFORT SPECIALIST SINCE 1999
In 1999, Trane started a program to spotlight dealers with a deep commitment to customer service, continuing education, and excellence in business development and selected Watkins as Charter Members. Now with nearly 20 years in the program, we are among the most experienced Trane dealers.
BEST PLACES WORK WINNER
Our employee engagement survey placed us among to best companies in Dayton. We believe this is because we work with Great People, provide career training, and foster strong family values.
How can you be sure a technician knows his stuff? Look for the NATE badge! NATE tests our technicians to certify the highest level of technical expertise.
C12 GROUP MEMBER SINCE 2008
Christian CEOs building great businesses for a greater purpose.
GREEN BUSINESS OF THE YEAR 2014
Our commitment to environment responsibility earned a great recognition from the Springboro Chamber of Commerce in 2014. Our green efforts include our solar-powered headquarters in Springboro, a growing fleet of hybrid service trucks, an ever increasing recycling program, and close partnerships with our local utilities to extend rebate programs to our customers.